Mint OpenVPN Setup (Network Manager)
The WeVPN service can be used to ensure privacy and security whilst using a Linux machine.
Please Note: Some configurations may vary depending on the Linux distribution you are using.
To install and use the WeVPN service on Linux desktop using Terminal:
1. Open the Terminal window (Ctrl + Alt + T).
2. Install the OpenVPN package by entering the command:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome
If you are requested to enter your password, please enter your computer's admin password.
3. Assign use of the Network Manager by entering the command:
sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
4. Change the option [ifupdown] managed=false to [ifupdown] managed=true:
5. Restart the Network Manager by entering the command:
sudo service network-manager restart
6. Download the desired OpenVPN configuration file from our manual configuration generator by signing-in into your account here
7. Open the Network Manager and select the + to add a new connection. Select Import from file...
8. Enter your login credentials. These can be found in the Members Area and selecting the Show Credentials button on the Config Generator
10. Enable the connection by selecting the toggle switch.